Ask questions, find solutions – we are here to help.
Service was great from appointment booking to final product.Don C.
Excellent, friendly service and such accommodating staff.Tony P.
Great staff, very friendly. The clinic has lots of parking.Dawn H.
If you don’t find an answer to your question in the FAQs below:
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- call us at North Location 403-270-2941
Are there any landmarks near your offices?
North Location – West Hillhurst 403-270-2941
- our building is on 5 Avenue NW, across the street from Carrington Lighting
- intersection of Crowchild Trail & 5 Avenue NW
- lots of parking on either side of building
- entrance on 5 Avenue with handicap access
South Location – Avenida Village shopping plaza 403-225-9303
- our building in the Avenida Village shopping plaza, across from the Eaglesmed Medical Centre
- lots of parking
- handicap accessible parking in front of our entrance
Is Colman a store or a medical clinic?
We are a medical clinic that specializes in mobility aids such as knee bracing, custom foot orthotics and prosthetic supports. We offer the latest technology in upper and lower prosthetics, with specialties in pediatrics, sports and custom applications like aids for pets.
Do I need a prescription or referral from my doctor?
You do not need a referral from your doctor for foot orthotics or off-the-shelf support items like bracing. However, a prescription and/or referral from your doctor is often required if you have any health insurance coverage. A prescription is required for any clients who are eligible for Alberta Aids to Daily Living (AADL).
Is direct billing available?
What is the turn-around time for a custom brace?
It takes a minimum of 2 weeks from the initial appointment for a custom-made brace. Typically, there are 2 appointments – the first is an initial consultation and evaluation, and then a fitting appointment for your new mobility aid.
What is the turn-around time for foot orthotics?
It takes a minimum of 2 weeks from the initial appointment to be fitted with your custom-made orthotic. Typically, there is an initial consultation with measurements, and later a fitting appointment.